What an award means to a blogger? In addition, it’s a hip hip hooray feeling it maybe means blogger doesn’t do wrong, what (s)he does.
It happened to me what never did it before I got an award. Is it a good a feeling? Yes, definitely! It’s more than good, even I didn’t get any cup or medal with it, it’s just a possibility for my readers to know me better and for me to introduce myself to the ones who never visited or read my site.
The most interesting thing I got the Liebster Blog Award not from a Hungarian blogger, but from an American one, namely from Haley, the Haley’s Vintage‘s writer. I would like to thank her for the nomination, it made me very happy.
What is this Newbie Liebster Blog Award?
- it exists only on the web and bloggers give to other – newbie – bloggers
- it has German origin, the word liebster has several meanings: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved and so on…
- it follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people
- variations have been made over time to the “rules”
- marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted
What are the rules?
- thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to whom awarded you
- post the award on your blog
- write 10 random facts about you not well known from your blog
- answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you
- nominate 5-10 new bloggers you’ve discovered
- create 10 new questions for the nominees
Answers and questions
10 random facts about me
- I am glasses but I don’t wear them because they disturb me… fortunately I don’t need them for writing
- in 1997 I worked a month in Egypt as an archaeologist and helped the excavation of two ancient tombs
- before I became a journalist, I worked in the Museum of Military History and I was offered lieutenancy but I refused it
- the outermost county where I travelled: Canada (from my country, Hungary it is very far…)
- I met in person the real Santa Claus in Roveniemi (Finland), I stepped over the North Polar Circle and I saw polar lights
- I love Ancient History but at my studies in the university I got the only bad mark in Ancient History because I couldn’t remember the last words of Jesus in Aramaic
- I had long(er) hair just once in my life, but even my close friends didn’t recognize me so I never tried it again
- when BigBoy was born, we forgotten the date of our civil wedding (it’s necessary for the registration of birth), one of the office assistant helped us to find out the right day
- in my childhood I wanted to be a geologist and work on a oil rig in Norway
- my life’s report would have been the one with the President of Estonia but after a long time I was pregnant with BigBoy and I couldn’t get even on a bus not either on an airplane
The 10 answers
Why did you start blogging?
In the beginning, it was just an anti-stress activity, then the game started for real.
How do you stay creative?
With five kids? Are you kidding?
Who are 5 of your favorite bloggers and why?
damask love – colorful, full of ideas, just perfect
Growing With Plants – beautiful pics, brilliant tips
Manger – love at first sight
Jungles in Paris – beautiful photography and short films about to tell inspiring stories of craftsmanship, tradition, and extreme natural environments
Travelling Light – vital, colorful, interesting, fresh
What’s 3 things about you that would surprise your readers?
In my childhood everybody thought I was a boy. I love fishing. At the age of 12 I was one of the participants in the final of a national French language competition.
What is your dream vacation?
I’d like to travel to Cuba, to Havana.
What is your favorite social media and why?
My favorite social media is Instagram. I like watching (and taking) amazing pics, they inspire me to be better and better.
What is your favorite childhood dessert? What is it now?
My favorite childhood dessert is the yellow cake made by my granny. Nowadays I don’t have any but I really like Sacher cake.
Do you live in a small town or big city? Describe it…
I live in the Hungarian capital: it’s a big, vivid city but we live in a peaceful green belt.
What is your favorite quote?
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. (T. Roosevelt)
Are you married or in a serious relationship? Any kids (2 or 4 legged)?
Married for 18 years and have 5 kids, no 4 legged.
My 10 questions
1. What is your long-term aim with your blog?
2. Who or what inspires you to write your blog?
3. Have you ever wanted to give up on blogging?
4. What is your primary profession?
5. Which is your favorite month and why?
6. What is your best childhood memory?
7. How do you see yourself in 2020?
8. What is your dream vacation?
9. Where did you want to live if you could choose the location?
10. Who is your favorite writer and what is your favorite book?
Congratulations on your Liebster Award!