A fresh, soft, fragrant home is a half work if you want to relax after a hectic day.
Let’s start with a simple fact: I haven’t refreshed myself for years. I have no time, no place to be alone and I don’t even remember when I use the rest room – at home – by myself when nobody was around me. Nowadays I’m shadowed by LittleOne, he is always after me anywhere I go to.
If only I could take a long, hot, aromatic bath… it would refresh me absolutely. But it seems to be just a dream. Let’s see what I can do instead of it.
The best thing would be sleeping… but then when I would work?! I need another idea! It’s a well known fact scents can affect a person’s mood, as crazy as that sounds. A fresh smelling space makes everybody much happier than a stinky, gloomy one. Making our home a positive place to be is sometimes as simple as making it smell good. However, you don’t have to run to the store if you want to make sure your place is smelling great. (Source.)
How to make homemade air freshener?
- heat proof jar (I use 0,2 pint jar)
- 1/5 cup of water
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin (0,7 oz)
- few drops of food color
- essential oils
- Clean your jar.
- Heat the water on the stove. Pour in your gelatin packet into the pot.
- Make sure to keep whisking or the stuff will clump up.
- Once dissolved, add few drops of food color and 20-25 drops of essential oils or fragrance. (The more you add, the stronger it will be.)
- Pour into your prepared jar and stir.
- Let it cool overnight until the gel is set.
- Let’s decorate your scented gel jar any way you choose. Here is some gorgeous label templates…
What is your favorite essential oil?